Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOE Community Blog - The Galactic Assembly

Ruub
    Ruub
    Former EMF Admin
    Former EMF Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 172
    Registration date : 2008-07-01

SOE Community Blog - The Galactic Assembly Empty SOE Community Blog - The Galactic Assembly

Post  Ruub Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:26 am

Community Manager Kelly "Valara" Knox is back from Fan Faire and eager to share the news from the Galactic Assembly! Take a look at the latest SOE Community Blog for a look at the Ord Pedrovia Podracer loot card and the wampa at the upcoming Battle of Echo Base. And what's this? The development team under arrest?!

Check out the Galactic Assembly Community Blog here.

For the original forum thread, click here.
    Ruub
    Ruub
    Former EMF Admin
    Former EMF Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 172
    Registration date : 2008-07-01

SOE Community Blog - The Galactic Assembly Empty Re: SOE Community Blog - The Galactic Assembly

Post  Ruub Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:35 pm

Due to the updates in the blog, I will post it below:

Hi again everyone! It’s me, Kelly “Valara” Knox, back from Fan Faire and eager to tell you all about the Galactic Assembly!

The biggest Star Wars Galaxies event at this year’s Fan Faire was the Galactic Assembly panel. This panel featured all of the SWG developers and LucasArts representatives at Fan Faire this year, which included:

•Jake “jneri” Neri, Producer, LucasArts
    •Tim “Neif” Temmerman, LucasArts
    •Christopher “Dotanuki” Field, Producer, SOE
    •Niklas “Swede” Johansson, Designer
    •Travis “Shadowbrak” Hicks, Designer
    •Thomas “Blixtev” Blair, Lead Designer
    •Jesse “Loche” Benjamin, Assistant Lead Designer
    •Tony “Teesquared” Tyson, Technical Director
    •Thomas “Hanse” Eidson, Designer
    •Michael “fiasco” Farone, Designer

I hovered in the doorway and got to hand out prizes for the trivia contest and raffle. It’s good to be the Community Manager.

The Galactic Assembly kicked off with a trivia question that stumped all of the attendees. Do you know the answer?

What is the name of the theater where Chancellor Palpatine meets with Anakin Skywalker in Revenge of the Sith?*

Next, we shared a recap of the past year and we got to the heart of the matter quickly: upcoming content for Star Wars Galaxies. With the Trading Card Game, Chapter 11, Game Update 6, and holiday events coming up, we had a lot to talk about!

We showed off new loot cards from the Trading Card Game for the first time, including the Ord Pedrovia Podracer.

SOE Community Blog - The Galactic Assembly Galactic-assembly

We also revealed scenes from Hoth for the very first time! We hope to have more pictures and information about the battle at Echo Base in the weeks ahead.

Chapter 11 is currently scheduled for release in October and I can’t wait – I love wampas and I’m so excited that they’re coming to Star Wars Galaxies! I have a wampa toy from Burger King on my desk, but the in-game version is much scarier (even when he’s blurry).

SOE Community Blog - The Galactic Assembly Wampa

Once we talked a little more about Game Update 6 (player cities, player associations, and spies) and upcoming events (the Galactic Moon Festival and Life Day), we started taking questions from the crowd. We also handed out raffle prizes of Clone Wars movie posters and Lucasfilm hats. I hear those hats are hard to come by, so those were some very lucky winners!

As the Galactic Assembly neared the end, suddenly there was a commotion outside. The panelists didn’t know what was going on, but the community team shared a smile and got out of the way as Qui-Gon Jinn warned the panelists that the 501st Legion were about to invade the Galactic Assembly!

Vader’s Fist placed the panelists under arrest (they must have found contraband) and attendees scrambled to grab pictures.

SOE Community Blog - The Galactic Assembly Arrest1

I decided later it was only fair and surrendered myself to the authorities as well.

SOE Community Blog - The Galactic Assembly Arrest2

I hope everyone had a great time at the Galactic Assembly and Fan Faire! It was an absolute blast and the SWG team really had fun. I’ll have more pictures and information from the event on the official web site later this week.

Thanks for reading!

Kelly “Valara” Knox

Community Manager, Star Wars Galaxies

*Answer:The Galaxies Theatre

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 am